Saturday, November 17, 2018

Off to a good start but then RL interrupted my cleaning!

The cleaning is coming along pretty well. As well as it ever does :-)

As always, I keep coming across things that need to be completed, or started (such as the bowls from yesterday), or set aside to be worked on sooner rather than later.

After visiting Mom this afternoon and having something to eat, got a call from a neighbour who wanted to come by to visit. So while I was waiting for her to come up, I started a little item to go with the Meals on Wheels tables....and add to my stash :-(

Got 15 little laser-cut trees from Dollarama for $1.25. Large ones are about 1 1/2" and small are about 1 1/8".



I had this nail embellishment kit in my stash with 120 tiny 'jewels".

Here you can see four of the trees "bedazzled". The second one from the left, I used super glue for the jewels but that gave me no wiggle-room in placing the beads so switched to Aleene's Tacky for the others. I used a piece of spaghetti (wetted the end) to pick up and place the jewels.

I 'think' I will probably use my Pilot pens (very fine tip) to edge the trees in either silver or gold. For the larger trees, I may also add a star with the Pilot pen - if my hand is steady enough. (I bought my Pilot pens from Staples - the marker types in the store and the fine lines online.)

I have some 'laser poop' from Tina: little circles that will become the bases of the trees so I can set them on the mini tables.

A couple pieces of wood covered with pieces of thin foil from candy wrappers as presents under the tree and that's a great start to decorating a wonderful little mini table.

Unfortunately after my friend left, so did my get up and go....

So tomorrow will be another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment