Monday, September 17, 2018

Over for another year....

Oh, my, what a long day! Started letting dealers into the Sales Room at 6:30 Sunday morning. Took a break for breakfast at 9:00 am. Dealers could sell to each other at 9:30 and opened to the public at 10:00 am.

At that point, Joanne and Lucille (in the Show Room)  and I and Trineke (in the Sales Room) could breathe for awhile. It all comes together....

Joanne kept going all day with the half-hour door prizes and Lucille looked after lunch for the dealers. Trineke kept looking out for dealers throughout the day.

The weather was incredibly bad. Many of our dealers had to deal with whiteout conditions on the highways (and this is mid-September?!?). It rained and sleeted most of Sunday but that didn't seem to matter too much to our patrons. We had a very good crowd considering the weather.

What incredible dealers we have! From our regulars to the new ones, kudos! It is such a joy to work with them. Many thanks to all of them for the pleasure it is to work with them.

I must apologize. Usually I take pictures of the show room and sales room but didn't take my camera out today except for pictures of one display.

But I can tell you who won the Peoples Choice prizes for displays:

Club project (the porch): Tina MacDonald

Lorry Saunders Award (newby with best club project) : Katherine Restouix

Vignette: Sunni Dixon

Dollhouse: Karen Jones
Karen had a couplel absolutely wonderful 1:48 houses on display that when her prize was announced, everyone wanted to know which one had won - it was the Quebec City houses.

Roombox: Hoanie Yong

Hoanie (Live a Little Miniature Miniatures) made this miniature woodworking roombox in memory of a friend. I took these pictures because I had been helping Hoanie find tools for it over the last couple years.




The best thing about the Show and Sale is meeting up with old friends. And I did that in abundance!

Barbara W. is a friend I met through this blog. We meet every year at the Show and Sale...and (bless her heart) each year she gifts me with something. Love this paper clip that she attached the card to my gift: - it's so appropriate...

And the gift was this beautiful chair from an artisan from Scotland. She has promised to send me more information to pass on. Thanks again, Barbara!



Met up again with Diane from Calgary. Always a joy to see her. Great that we meet both here and in Calgary at the Doll Show there when Joanne and I get down there.

I did buy a birthday gift for Joanne from Sherri MacRaild, IGMA Artisan. (I only mention this because Sherri was 2/3 sold out by noon.)

Personally, I did not buy much.

My stash is SO large and I'm not working on anything that I need things for...

HOWEVER:

Got this fireplace for $3.00 (from Joanne Davies' table)
Always can find a place for this.


And this counter from Joanne (for $5.00) because it's missing the back panels.
It will work in a future art gallery...


For $3.00, and unfinished, how could I resist?


I wanted something to add to Ann's Nursery for her grandson. Judy Mitchell had nothing in blue so I picked up this piece in yellow.


Louise Zawada "Tiny Treasures" had being doing a lot of Christmas trees in the past year. I chose this one for one of my Christmas vignettes....
 along with these wonderful wrapped gifts.


WOW! This basket of poinsettia is in 1:48 scale by Bob Francis of Calgary. I commissioned it for my Elegant Living Christmas Room by Luci Hansen. Bob delivered it to me at the show.

I bought two little piggy banks from Janice Crawley. She is just one of our favourite  dealers!

Linda Austin was selling these great sanding blocks.  Picked up two of them.





No comments:

Post a Comment