Monday, June 11, 2018

Driving Miss Dolly

For the third year in a row, members of the Calgary Doll Club, the Doll Club of Edmonton and the Miniature Enthusiasts of Edmonton got together in Red Deer for "Driving Miss Dolly". It's a great opportunity to meet others who share some common interests.

Sunni, Joanne and I left St. Albert on Friday at noon and spent the afternoon exploring downtown Red Deer. I found a great dress to wear to a July wedding and a vintage handbag that has all sorts of compartments.

This year's theme was Christmas.

Two set-ups for photographing dolls.

The "Ugly Christmas Sweater" contest entries.


 I took my Christmas shop to display.

Two tables of donated door prizes - and my door prize teddy bear between them.

He's so soft and cuddly!


Dawn-Marie of the Doll Club of Edmonton doing some paperwork. (Edmonton organized the trip this year.)

Sales tables:



Rebecca from Calgary had the most wonderful miniatures for sale.
I bought these beautiful bouquets from Rebecca.



BUT these two pieces of cranberry glass from Rebecca just made my day! 


The doll on the left was from the FREE table and the one on the right was only $2.00. I'm generally not a fan of dolls but these two spoke to me.

Got 4m of white lace with pastel accents for $3.00. The bassinette for the nursery for Ann's daughter has a row of pink lace around the top and since they don't want to know the sex of the baby ahead of time, I'll replace it with this.

I love House of Miniatures kits. This might end up being in a vignette to display the cranberry glass I got from Rebecca.

 Everyone got a set of doll cut-outs.
 
 Got this for 25 cents at the Doll Club of Edmonton sales table. Not too sure what I'll do with it but love the colour and it is SO soft.

Penny and Cameron donated a RL Christmas mug with small gifts to each attendee.
This was one of the items in my mug (about 1/2 inch tall).

I was only away for 30 hours but it was amazingly revitalizing!

............

I feel badly that I've not posted in months. The shingles that I had in February left me in a very sore and lethargic state. Although the rash was gone in a very short time, the nerve pain (still ongoing but much less) was pretty bad for a couple months. Quite honestly, I became very lazy and didn't do much but read. I'm hoping I can get my act together soon.

A lot has been going on mini-wise so I'll try and let you know about those things soon.

Hugs, Maureen

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you're on the mend - it really does take time. Your expedition was obviously a great success - the cranberry glass is fabulous! Can't wait to read all your mini news, but don't forget to still take care of you.

    ReplyDelete