Wednesday, December 13, 2017

More Christmas

Well, the time is just flying by! I have 11 copies of the book printed and bound - only 9 more to go. Have to mail 5 so I better get cracking and get them in the mail.

DS Marie and DBIL Robert will be here Tuesday of next week so I have to get working on Elizabeth's dollhouse.

Tuesday was the condo's coffee club Christmas luncheon and gift exchange. Wednesday was a visit from Rosalle and Barb R. from upstairs, catching up on odds and ends of condo business then a condo board meeting. And tomorrow, Joanne and I are meeting with the hotel to put the deposit down on next year's show and sale room, then meeting Tina for lunch then going to Paint for Joy so Joanne can pick up the paints she needs for her current project.

On the weekend, I checked out the Put and Take and found this little padded box.


With the lid removed and the box on its side, I have a wonderful roombox! The inside measurements are 7 1/2" deep x 8 1/8" high and 15 1/8" wide. It will go into my stash until I decide what to do with it.


Since our miniature club meetings are on Tuesday nights, I don't always have a chance to join the ladies for our craft night here in the building. But I was able to go this week and made three copies of my "City of St. Albert" book. It's an 18 page accordion style book telling about my hometown in words and pictures. It's 9/16" wide and 5/8" tall and about 1/8" thick. I designed it in January 2012 and made about 70 copies of it at that time to give away at the Camp meeting at the Chicago Show that year.

At one time I carried them around in my purse and handed them out to miniaturists that I would meet but I don't think I've made any for a couple years at least.


My friend, Marijke from New Brunswick, has three of her children living in Alberta now so she and her husband will be here for a week and a half at the end of this month. I'm hoping we'll be able to spend a couple of hours together while they're here. She is the author of her own blog and is a great miniaturist. Hope you'll check out her blog.

I mentioned that Rosalle Pinske (Needleart Treasures) came by on Tuesday afternoon to visit with Barb R. and me. It was really nice to spend some time with her as, since she's an associate member of M.E.E., we don't see her as often as we would like. Both Barb and I had ordered her new sock monkey at the Show and Sale so she also delivered them to us.


front

back
My favourite of her work is her angel, which at a shade over 1", makes a great tree topper. IIRC she also makes these in silver.


Her variegated afghans are absolutely wonderful! Don't think I have any pictures of them because I often use them to finish off Christmas rooms that I give as gifts. Almost all my work is modern, so I don't have much call for her doilies, etc., but they, too, are wonderful.

I highly recommend her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment