Monday, September 25, 2017

couple more lamp shades, work trays, Stockade

Yesterday I made two more lampshades. These will go in the sitting room in my three room roombox which is done pretty much in whites and greens.

I'm very pleased with how they turned out but not too sure at this point just how I'll use them.


Styrofoam meat trays make good work organizers. I quite often buy from Costco so end up with some fair-sized ones. They're good for keeping kit pieces together.

One of the items I was looking for at Michael's on Saturday was Rub 'n Buff. It was on the Michael's website but none of the Edmonton-area stores had it in stock.

Then today, I remembered that I had received my Stockade catalogue last week so checked it out - and they do carry it. (It's a lustrous wax metallic finish for antiquing, crafts, and decorating. Just rub onto any surface with a finger or soft cloth, then gently buff to a beautiful luxter. Formulated from imported carnauba waxes, fine metallic powers and select pigments.)

Stockade has about 20 pages of glues, paints, finishing supplies, paint brushes, etc. They also have a small number of miniatures (not necessarily 1:12 scale), a couple Greenleaf dollhouses and some furniture kits. Their catalogue is a lot of fun to read through. And shipping is pretty reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment