Sunday, February 1, 2015

The Bed

I thought I would try a section of a hanging first so I cut a paper pattern.

 Then I cut a piece from my pleated fabric.
I used binder clips to tack the fabric in place then tried gathering it.
 I did not like how that turned out so decided to finish the bed without hangings.

Decided to add the lace trim to the canopy first so I could use the binder clips to hold it in place.


For the top of the canopy I decided to use a double layer of the paper towelling I used for the bedding.
I used the fusible webbing between the layers of the towelling.
Trimmed it to size then glued in place.
The white pillows in my stash are way too big for this bed so will have to do something about pillows later.

This is the room so far. My next item will be the Houseworks signature series Chairside Chest #4013 which I will use as a night stand to the right of the bed. Great little kit but has no instructions although I have done enough kits that I should be able to make it without the instructions.


These are my choices for the mirror above the vanity table. I would prefer to use the three way  mirror but the wine does not exactly suit the room. The octagon is nice with the etching I did in a class at club. Or the gold framed mirror - but I may prefer to use that in the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment