So I sketched out this little pattern on a memo pad that I had from somewhere....
So I tried a couple ways to 'glue' the corners together - none of which worked. And it was too large anyway...so then I thought I should try to make it smaller and put tabs on the corners and try to adhere the overlap...but working with the mesh just didn't work. Well, to be honest, I might have been able to make it work but I was anxious to get this finished VBG.
Then I decided to go with a red 'plastic' shopping basket.
Scaled down the pattern a bit, added the tabs to glue the corners together and transferred the pattern to some red cardstock from my stash.
Here it is cut out and folded with the tabs for gluing:
Before I glued it, I used a pushpin to make holes for a handle. (SO much easier to do that now than after it's glued together.)
I should have made two or three of these to add to the shop (especially since I had designed this so it would stack) but I didn't.