Thursday, December 26, 2013

A couple excellent resources...

If you got a dollhouse kit for Christmas (or even if you didn't), there are a couple beginning-to-end resources on line that you might want to check out.

Hobby Builders Supply has "Everything You Wanted to Know about Dollhouses but Didn't Know who to Ask" by Nancy Van Horn online. (It's also available in print from Amazon.)

Another resource that I just discovered today is "The Ocelots Build a Dollhouse". (The name stands for "Online Community of Enthusiasts that Love Objects Tiny and Small".) Haven't had a chance to read the entire thing yet but what I've seen so far has really impressed me! Love that it's a collaborative effort so you get knowledge of so many wonderful miniaturists in one document.

On a personal note, DD Leanne and Robert invited us (me, Mom, DS Shirley, DBIL Grahame and Grahame's son Mike) for family gift opening and Christmas dinner at their home. (My usual BIG Oops! here as I first forgot to take pictures, then the camera was acting up, THEN I forgot to take a picture of the dining room table! )

Leanne with their tree (after the gift-opening)

Mom (90 and still going strong!) 
Leanne is a gourmet cook and, I must tell you, in my entire life I have never had a meal more delicious than that one! How I wish I had remembered to take a picture of the table. For several years now, we have had something other than turkey for Christmas dinner as Robert's family has a turkey dinner after Mass in the morning so we didn't want them to have two turkey dinners in one day. This year it was a beef tenderloin roast cooked to perfection, baked potatoes, and several incredible salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment