Friday, March 1, 2013

Did get a few things done on the attic....

Wednesday night, I started shingling the roof of the attic. I started with a 3/8" straight strip of sandpaper then started adding another strip of the hexagonal strip of sandpaper. I clamped those strips in place by covering them with my upside down steel ruler and two bar clamps. 


Here I have three rows of asphalt shingles in place...

And here's the up close picture....

I'm still puzzling about shingling the gable - and making sure the shingles are even throughout the roof...
Think I've figured out how to do it but we'll see how that comes together...


I did get the insulation in place on the right side of the inside attic. (Lost the pictures of that process but it included taking a paper template of the wall and working from that.) 

Once the ìnsulation was in place, I cut a paper template of the wall and transferred it to the plastic from a sheet protector. When the plastic had been cut to shape, I spread glue along the floor plate and wall studs, glued the plastic in place and stacked books in place to hold the plastic in place while it dried against the floor and wall studs.



1 comment:

  1. This is looking so good maureen. I am loving it all. Looking forward to the final attic and congrats on how well it is working out for you my friend. keep up the good work. Not much longer till Chicago !!! I am so excited for you !! I really want to know what is on your bucket list for this visit/ shopping trip??? judy

    ReplyDelete