Tuesday, December 18, 2012

For my sisters...

On Sunday, I posted about not having done a miniature scene for my sister Shirley but mentioned I had a thought about that....

Shirley and I have talked over the years about the fact that I had never done a piece for her but, like so many of us, she didn't really have room for anything that I made only so she would have one...and we never really came up with anything that was "right".

Shirley was probably the closest of the four sisters to Dad so I discussed with Leanne giving the miniature of Dad's workshop to her and Leanne agreed.

I've always liked having this particular project here for two reasons: (1) it's my Dad, and (2) I did some really great work (especially the scroll saw and sander) for it.

BUT it's going to the very best home, I get visiting rights and it'll return to Leanne eventually. Doesn't get much better than that!

...........
One of the really great things about the condo I live in is the number of amenity rooms we have. I know I've mentioned our library, our coffee club (Christmas lunch tomorrow), but I don't know that I've mentioned our craft room and the group of ladies who meet there on Tuesday nights. I don't get to attend all that often since MEE meets on Tuesday nights but I've been able to attend recently.

I took in the afghan for Vern's attic tonight to show it off.


I also took in the styrofoam packaging I mentioned on Sunday and a word document I had printed out with labels for the end of fabric bolts.

I cut out a bunch of 2" x 3/4" pieces of styrofoam and glued the labels on the ends. The styrofoam was thicker than I had thought but it will work well to make fabric bolts with lighter pieces of fabric.


I have several boxes of fabric scraps and fat quarters so once I get about 100 of these made, I can just sit in front of the TV and wrap fabric around them. Almost all the women who come to "Stitch and Bitch" quilt and I've already had offers of fabric scraps so making the fabric bolts should be the easiest part of the quilt shop.

This doesn't mean that I've abandoned doing Vern's memory attic. But until I get the attic itself built, this is something I can work on and prepare for.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it....



No comments:

Post a Comment