Tuesday, October 2, 2012

VERY Off Topic

I'm a follower of Post Secret which is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard.

The lead postcard for this week is such an interesting lesson http://www.postsecret.com/ For copyright reasons, I can't show it here and if you're reading this after Saturday, October 6, it will no longer be the lead postcard.

But what the writer is saying (somewhat paraphrased) is:

Looking back, what I would tell the me as a child:

The sadness won't always last;

God will be with you;

You will stand up for yourself;

You have amazing parents and/or friends/family who will love and support you...someone is always there...

You'll be happier than you ever imagined!

And you can tell that child from long ago I've made you proud!


When I read that postcard, I was thinking that the person who wrote it had been abused as a child (something I cannot begin to imagine)  BUT as I read the message, I realized what an incredibly wonderful affirmation of self worth it is...

and we can all learn from it....

No comments:

Post a Comment