Sunday, August 26, 2012

We have lights!

I wanted to show off the detective's office/bar on Friday night but without additional lighting, it was hard to see the detail in the rooms.

I was pondering the problem last night when I remembered the Quik-Brite LED lights I bought at XCess Cargo a couple years ago.


First I installed a spotlight to shine on the dart board.


From the end, the rectangular lights look like fluorescent lights so I installed two in each of the rooms. I used a cardboard template to ensure they were in the same position in each room. (The office is pretty empty as I've removed most of the accessories and the desk so I could paint the Moveable Miniatures glue on the accessories.) Much of the furniture is now glued in place with Tacky glue since MMG doesn't work on carpet.


You'll recall I was concerned that the bar stools looked too low. But I sat this doll in one of the stools and they're just right for her!

I still have to put the foot rail on the bar but still haven't figured out how I'm going to do that.

Have some liquor bottles to go on the shelves in the middle of the back cabinet. 

I remembered the pieces from some buttons that you cover with fabric that will make ashtrays for the bar counter and the booth table.


Have to glue the furniture in place.

The box didn't include the plexiglass fronts for the rooms so I have to get some cut and installed in time for the Show and Sale.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea for the ashtray! What size are the lights?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jazzi. The lights are 2 1/2" x 1 3/16" x 3/4" deep.
      Maureen

      Delete