Thursday, August 16, 2012

Something different

My mother, bless her heart, turns 89 next week. She says, "If I can't eat it, wear it or smear it on me, don't give it to me."

Fortunately for my sisters and me, she loves to wear brooches AND she loves bargains and loves it when we find her gifts at garage sales, etc..

In the boxes of jewellery findings, etc., at the MEE garage sale of Joyce's things, I found a little bow brooch that has a little hook below the knot of the bow.

So tonight I went through my bead boxes and found several beads that match pieces of her clothing. I put the beads on head pins and looped the ends.


2 comments:

  1. Oh how nice are you??? Do you know how lucky you are to still have you Mom with you...... My Mom was 67 when she died and I was 49. Now it is 18 years since I lost her and wow I still miss her so much... Enjoy each minute you get to spend with your Mom and remember that you are making Memories with each passing day.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Judy, I'm so sorry. Dad died almost 12 years ago and sometimes it just hits me again.
      I'm especially fortunate that Mom lives in the building next to mine and I can see her apartment from my windows - and can be there in a couple minutes if she needs me.
      I support her in her jewellery (she likes to play with beads and findings) and she is always on the lookout for things that might work for my minis.
      Hugs, Maureen

      Delete