Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Miniature Enthusiasts of Edmonton
We've had some members who, because of distance (Halifax, Calgary), other commitments (work, other interests), health issues, etc., found that regular membership ($60.00 per year) was too expensive to keep up for the few times they were able to attend meetings/workshops.
With that in mind, we've opened up Associate Memberships for $20.00 per year.
A MEE Associate member will:
1. be over the age of 18.
2. be unable to join MEE as a regular member because of distance, health, employment or other commitments.
3. pay membership dues of $20.00 per year.
A MEE Associate member will not:
4. be a voting member of MEE.
5. be counted as part of a quorum for voting purposes.
6. be eligible to stand for any MEE positions.
7. be a member of any MEE committees (e.g. Show and Sale committee, Nomination Committee, Audit Committee)
8. have borrowing privileges from the MEE library
A MEE Associate membership includes:
9. access to the MEE Yahoo group.
10. attendance at all MEE-sponsored all-day workshops. This does not include the cost of any kits or materials.
11. receipt of the monthly MEE newsletter.
12. attendance at the MEE Christmas Party.
13. One additional evening workshop at no additional charge other than the cost of the kit and/or materials.
A MEE Associate member may:
14. attend additional workshops/general meetings at a cost of $5.00 per event. This does not include the cost of any kits or materials.
15. bring one guest to a workshop, at a cost of $5.00 per event. This does not include the cost of any kits or materials.
A MEE Associate member is expected to:
16. display their miniatures at the annual Show and Sale.
17. contribute time and effort to supporting MEE activities (e.g. assisting in putting on the Show and Sale ).
So if your location/circumstances have kept you from joining us, perhaps this will give you extra incentive to become part of our club.