Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Arts Day at Leo Nickerson School

This Friday Leo Nickerson School will again be holding their annual Arts Day. Artists of all kinds (photographers, painters, potters, musicians, actors, etc.) set up displays of their work and/or teach workshops. I'll be at the school again with a miniatures display.

Still haven't decided exactly what I'll be taking this year other than the 1:12 miniature of the school's art studio that I did for their silent auction last year. The owner, the art teacher at the school, allowed me to borrow it to display at our miniature show and sale on the 18th. It will certainly be a display that they can relate to.

Since almost all the contents of that room were made from scratch, I think I'll take the trash to treasure display I did for our show in 2010 and maybe the trash to treasure vignettes that I did for a challenge on Canada Minis.

Today I made up four chairs in four different scales (playscale 1:6, 1:12, 1:24 and 1:48) that I think I'll take to show the students the different scales that we work in.


I make a lot of these chairs in 1:12 when I do vignettes with students but it's the first time I've made them in the four different scales. It makes an interesting visual, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment