Saturday, May 28, 2011

the telephone

When my friend Eileen and I discussed our projects last fall, she offered me a Chrysnbon wall telephone kit from her stash. (Eileen's from Nanaimo, BC, and I'm from St. Albert, AB. We met in Fall River, NS, where we were both visiting our friend Cheryl.)

Here it is made up along with an Edmonton Telephones directory from 1944 and a WWII poster. I used a dark brown marker to stain the telephone cabinet and it worked beautifully.


The telephone, sign and directory will go to the left of the door.


Eileen sells beautiful 1:12 scale miniatures including readable books, games, polymer food, sewing room items and Christmas decorations. Her work is meticulous. She made me a lovely set of Diana Gabaldon books for my collection and it's just perfect. I highly recommend her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment